'tongue'

"The 'tongue' is the most unruly member of the body. You can either 'make' or 'break' someone with your tongue. I know that may sound humorous, but it is so true. We may be able to take back a lot of things, but we can never take back words spoken. That is why we must always watch what we say, and only speak the truth."



my dear newly discovered American friend Linda wrote me this precious advice the other day which I need to read and reread, keep in mind and never forget

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Delirious said...

Here is a poem my father often quoted,

“Boys flying kites, draw in their white winged birds, But you can’t do that when you’re flying words. Careful with fire is good advice we know, But careful with words is ten times doubly so. Thoughts unexpressed my sometimes fall back dead, But God Himself can’t kill them once they’re said.” anonymous

Othersideblue said...

beautifully & wisely said, very true indeed!

gotta watch my tongue more, thank you Delirious

The Gaelic Wife said...

Something to remember on a daily basis.